Thursday, April 15, 2010

Never Underestimate my Jesus

Megan and i leave for Gulu tomorrow morning at 8am. I figured i should write a little something before i leave Uganda all together. Closing in on 3 months, and only having 10 days left here is insane. I feel like life at home doesn't really exist anymore, and i know i'll probably have more culture shock going back home than i did coming here. Our Internet where i live has been down for the past week or so. We've still been able to go into town and use Internet at the cafe. A few days after not having Internet i started to get a little annoyed/frustrated, but i quickly reminded myself how crazy it is that we have Internet at all and the ability to keep up with friends and family back home. I sit here thinking about how bitter sweet this "see you later" is. We wrote cards out to some of the Mamas we got close to and bought them chocolate/necklaces for some. Got last minute pictures with them as well. I wouldn't write goodbye in any of the cards because i know i will be back here, and i know that i will see them again. It is amazing how much someone can feel like family after only knowing them for 3 months. I also asked the Mamas to give my toddlers lots of hugs and kisses from their Auntie Kelsey. To tell them "Nkwagala nyo nyo nyo", which is "I love you much much much" in Lugandan. I'm going to miss my kids, i know they will be cared for and loved by the Mamas and the new volunteers, and by adoptive parents. I think the hardest thing for me is not knowing what will happen for some of my older kids like D and F who may have parents or other family members who haven't signed over their rights. It's hard for me to understand why a family member would desire the rights to a child they never come to visit, or are not able to/don't have the desire to care for. I understand wanting to become financially stable so you can care for them properly, but what about the family that never comes back for them? I just want them to know real love from parents, but as i prayed through trying to understand this. I'm reminded that these are God's children. He has a special place for orphans and widows. He tells us that. I rest in that. He will take care of them and their Heavenly Father loves them more than any earthly parent ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment